Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

The One with Big News



Big news to share! I will keep this short as I am:

A. Watching the Blackhawks and writing during intermission (GO HAWKS!) 

B. On a brain that can only be described as 2 ½ days of school left! 

C. Alive but Weathered 




I’m moving!!!



Not Schools…



Not Grades…



But Classrooms

And

Departmentalizing to Math, Science and Social Studies!

This news has been a long time coming and I cannot wait for the switch! My amazing real-life and school-life friend and I will share kiddos. Halfway through the day they will switch classrooms and I will teach math and science all again! We have done a lot of research and with the encouragement of the district have decided this is best for kids…and equally exciting for us! 
 
Departmentalizing gives an opportunity to perfect lessons and focus to become an expert in the field. I already dream of STEM Fridays, Math Centers, and the projects we can do. #TeacherNerd In addition to the exciting curriculum change I also get to switch classrooms! 

Last look before the room is torn apart and Room 21 is no longer mine. tear
























 

















While I find my classroom a second home (sometimes a first home) and LOVE it I’m excited to rearrange, decorate, and show off my not so hidden calling – OCD organizer extraordinaire. I. Can’t. Wait.
 

Like literally can't wait and my children are becoming quick adapters. Just helping them learn to cope and "go with the flow."
  



While I’m excited about the future there is still 2 ½ days with my kiddos – more on our final days later! 

And while all this is exciting, the cutest news is yet to come...brace yourself. 

Santo (named after the best Cub's third baseman) will be here in July! Colorado can't wait for it's most adorable and fluffy Iowan to get here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment