Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The One with Just a Minute


Yesterday I started brainstorming my kiddos Valentine’s Day party. Valentine’s Day is a major holiday at our school so I probably should have thought it out further than four days ahead.  We are celebrating on Thursday because we have a lovely data day Friday. (The day off is not in observance of Valentine’s Day like some of my students think) 


Last year I made these adorable little robots – they were a hit! Mostly because the amount of candy involved.



This year I was on the Pinterest search for both homemade Valentines and an activity. After putting together some different ideas I came up with *drum roll please*






The Minute to Win It activities aren’t revolutionary, all are taken from their website and the YouTube example videos. I did turn them into a Valentines goodie bag which will double as my gift to them. They can also take home their baggie and play over and over at home – sorry parents!




Here is a look at the activities we will play – I also turned the labels into a freebie. Check it out if you’re a last minute Valentine planner like myself!The titles link to the YouTube example of the game...it's an easy way to explain how each is done! 






In this game students have 1 minute to separate the colors of M&Ms into the mini cups! 






Students will have one minute to take the tart hearts from one mini cup, across their table to the other mini cup using a straw.



Candy Pick Up

Using two straws like chop sticks students will have to move the candy hearts from one mini cup to another mini cup across the room. 






Students will stack their cups across the table, blow up their balloon, and knock the cups over with the air in the balloon in one minute.



My students LOVED Minute to Win It last year for our end of the year party – I’m hoping this will be another fun-filled day! Updates will come Thursday with student participation!


No comments:

Post a Comment