Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

The One to Spring Forward!



Welcome back! It’s been an abnormally long break from blogging for a number of reasons. First, I feel like spring jumpstarts the personal life plans! Between baseball starting (yay!) and hockey ending (for the Avs…forever GO HAWKS) it’s just been go-go-go for three weeks! I’ve also hit this interesting point (not a true slump – maybe a small hump) that I couldn’t quite put a finger on until a funny article I read last night. 

This is a must read for a good laugh and a little sanity boost this time of the year. I can relate 100% to numbers 1, 4, and of course, 7. 


I’ll give you a sneak peek with the memes because I’ve never heard someone complain about a baby duck, Jimmy Fallon, or Kristen Wiig.






In other news (and why my sanity might be dwindling) we are in FULL panic mode swing with our cardboard challenge project. Next week we are actually breaking out the….wait for it….glitter, paint, and spray paint. That endeavor will surely have to have a follow-up post. The light at the end of the callus-filled tunnel is in sight and with each project I am more and more impressed!
Beyond the benefits of STEM it has been so enjoyable to sit and chat 1 on 1 with them. I have noticed some of my shyest students break out after their projects are complete! The compliments and questions they receive really does everyone so much good! (Next year I will have to remember that and do this MUCH earlier!)









Sometimes just identifying your little slump hump can bring you right back! The previous article helped me laugh but a few more helpful ideas can be found below by these great bloggers:

Click on the picture to see their great ideas! 
 

http://www.teachhub.com/top-12-ways-snap-out-teaching-slump


http://sprinkleteachingmagic.blogspot.com/2013/12/teacher-burnout.html


And if all else fails: Take a look at this cutie who just might be mine in the near future! 



No comments:

Post a Comment